Shopify x Asset Factory 2020
Good news! If you missed our Live Shopify Workshop, you can now watch it here!
Get professional tips on simple, yet effective ways to take better product images using your smartphone or camera. Then go on a virtual tour of our StyleShoots photography equipment and learn how these wonderful machines can transform your content creation workflow, all while saving you time and money.
Key Aspects to Consider for Ecommerce Imagery:
Taking the consumer to the point of purchase requires bridging the gap of the physical space, the ‘touch and feel’ within the confines of the digital space. Part of telling this story is to provide a combingation of unique imagery from still life to video to show every detail of your product.
Consistency sells. Consumers report greater brand trust for online stores with high quality, consistent product imagery. Product images need to be consistent across:
Lighting, product positioning, camera angle, background colour, number of images
iPhone/Smartphone vs Camera?
It’s not all about Megapixels, what’s important is the quality of the lens. That’s why you are better off shooting with a camera (even a compact) if you can get one. The bigger the lens, the more light that enters the camera which creates better detail.
You will need:
A tripod (you can buy these new or second hand, just make sure it has the tripod shoe!)
Adaptor for a tripod iPhone (approx. $23.00)
White cardboard and tape
A reflector / foam white card (You can buy these from an art supplies shop)
A room with Daylight (it’s your best friend) aim to shoot early in the morning or late
afternoon – You don’t want direct sunlight.
The set up:
Make sure you set your table up so the window is at 90 degrees.
Set-up your card against the table and wall, make sure it’s like a little slide and there are no creases
Set up your product and make sure it’s sitting in the middle of the table.
Set-up your tripod and attach your camera or Iphone (Make sure you are level with the product and not shooting from above or below ad this can distort the product)
Set your Camera White Balance to AWB (Auto White balance)
Start playing with the light and reflector and see how it’s placed on the product – if you think it looks great start taking photos.
Never ever use your built in flash for iphone or camera, always make sure this feature is turned off.
The benefits of Automation and Product Photography:
Automation in the content creation space has evolved from the growth in digital commerce. Designed as smart studios, StyleShoots machines increase content production rates by 4 times, ensure image consistency from shoot to shoot and provide efficient workflows for image delivery.
StyleShoots Eclipse and Live are he ultimate product photography machines. Ideal for Apparel, products, food, handbags. The doors open fully, inviting you to freely experiment with set designs – or just make a quick adjustment. User friendly tools with a simple interface. Powerful features you can control from a single iPad. Automation takes care of repetitive tasks while you focus on output.
Key benefits of StyleShoots:
- StyleShoots produces immediate output within minutes
- User friendly tools with a simple interface. Powerful features you can control from a single iPad.
- Automation takes care of repetitive tasks while you focus on output.
- The fix light settings, pre-defined templates and sequencing mode does not only speed up the time and cost
- Setting up presets once, organising files immediately and the option to export instantly with a StyleShoots machine can boost your content production rate by 4x.
- Compared to a traditional studio setup, our all-in-one solutions allow you to cut costs on equipment, eliminate repetitive tasks for your team and minimise post-processing time
The power of video:
The missing piece for a lot of brands is video.
- Embedding videos on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
- Website visitors are anywhere from 64-85% more likely to buy after watching a product video
- Using product videos can realize a 60% reduction in returns
- 90% of customers say that product video helps them make buying decisions
- Including video on your page drives a 157 percent increase in organic traffic from SERPs (search engine result pages)
- Website visitors are 144% more likely to purchase after seeing a product video compared to those who did not
Thank you for taking the time out and attending our Workshop. Big thanks to Shopify for having us. As a thank you Asset Factory would like to invite all Shopify merchants to a free product test/ demo. If you are in Auckland pop in and visit us, otherwise send us your product up and we’ll create a few test images for you at no cost.